Friday, November 11, 2011

My Ping Zing Story...

Back in August Cheryl and I were doing a normal thrift store run and I found these little gems hiding in a beat up old Wilson golf bag. Originally I though they were just another junk set, but then I was something familiar... the Pingman logo on one of the grips...



JACKPOT... $1.49 per club... yup, they belong to me...

A complete set of Ping Zing 2's were now mine. 3 iron thru 9 iron and 2 wedges is excellent condition. There was a small ding on the 6 iron, and 15 years worth of grime, but overall the clubs are great. The leading edges are crisp and the groves on the wedges are still in good shape... A little cleaning and we are in business.



The grips on the other hand were in need of some help. Luckily Lamkin was having a promotion on their Facebook page for free grips. Between myself, Cheryl, and a few 'friends' I was able to procure 6 free grips. A quick trip to Golf Galaxy for 3 grips, which happened to be on sale, and my problems were solved. I chose the N-DUR 3, and they look great.



Cost:
Clubs - $18
Grips - $6
TOTAL - $24

Great deal if you ask me, especially considering that they sell for over $100 on eBay, now I just need to find a buyer... or maybe keep them as a spare, either way, I win...

UPDATE: The clubs have been sold for $130... That means more money for Disney...

No comments:

Post a Comment