Friday, January 21, 2011

1.21.11 - Picture of the Day...

Well... I guess I have my own story from the classroom...

Today I was at my team meeting with 4 other teachers in a tiny room talking with a student about why he is doing so poorly when I say something flutter in the doorway out of the corner of my eye.   I figure it was just a pencil being thrown down the hall and ignored it... About 10 seconds later, I see a flustered head peek around the corner, and a voice nervous says "did anyone else see that?"  Now I'm starting to think "maybe that wasn't a pencil"... I think I just saw a mouse...

Now I know you have all see the TV shows where people jump on the chairs and screech like a little girl when a mouse runs by... Imagine that with a pregnant woman, and 2 other scarred women, while the 2 guys in the room jump up and start looking for it... YUP... that was the scene while the student just sat there not knowing what to think...  after about 2 minutes the scared little mouse runs out trying to hide, and right into my trap... OK, it was a pencil box, but it worked...

Now the little guy is quietly resting in my room in an old aquarium as the new class pet...

I plan on upgrading is cage next week and making him more comfy...

1 comment:

  1. Just a little update... When I left school of Friday, the mouse was secure in an aquarium with a lid designed for small mammals and reptiles. he was secure... when I came in on Monday, the food was gone, and so was the mouse... looks like he is back on the loose...

    ReplyDelete