Monday, January 24, 2011

{Menu Plan Monday}

Well, after being woken up at 2:30 in the morning by the sounds of a retching little boy, and then spending the rest of the night alternating between being up with him and trying to (unsuccessfully) fall back asleep, only to get up in the -24'F weather to go to school because I had annual reviews for my Inclusion students that I could not miss, I am SO glad I do menu plans for each week!  This really saved me today because I didn't have to attempt to deal with the "What's for Dinner?" Game. Without further ado, here is what is on our dinner menu for the week...I can't provide links to recipes since I only have them in my head! Post in the comments or send us an email if you'd like a specific recipe and I'd be happy to get it to you.   Keep in mind we do very little with packaged foods in our home and use the freshest ingredients we can get our hands on - even in our current Arctic State! 

Monday: Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche, Salad and Toast(made with fresh country bread)
Tuesday: Homemade Mac and Cheese, Roasted vegetables.
Wednesday: Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups, Antipasto Salad
Thursday: Homemade Oven Baked Chicken Fingers, Potato Wedges and Brocolli
Friday: Dinner out with staff - heading to a local Hockey game and Coppertop Tavern
Saturday: Chinese Stir Fry with vegetables, rice.

I start a new menu on Sunday when I see what is in our freezer and needs to be used up, and then my mom shops for the next two weeks for us with a list that I get together for her on Mondays. And with that, I do believe the quiche is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment